A Seattle Public Library account was automatically created for Seattle students using their Student ID #. Students use it just like they would an SPL library card online.
- Student Library Link ID is always 990000 (2 nines and 4 zeroes) followed by the 7-digit Student ID # to make a 13-digit number.
- PIN is the student’s birth month and day (mmdd).
- Here are 4 specific strategies that use SPL cards:
- Use Libby’s “Always Available Nonfiction” list to read and discuss a book with a friend, since you can both borrow and read it at the same time.
- Use Hoopla to read Pete the Cat 5 Little Pumpkins or the graphic novel New Kid.
- Use Bookflix to experience a picture book/nonfiction book pair in Spanish.
- Use Access Video for Kids to watch a LeVar Burton field trip.
These ideas are explained more on the SPS Library Link page.